The Official Originals Forum

The official forum for all fans of the Original Family.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crys71
In Transition


Posts: 1

PostSubject: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:52 am

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eve2011
Slaying Vampires With Mikael


Posts: 567
Location: Dallas / Fort Worth - Texas, USA
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:31 am

Thank you, Crys71 Smile and Welcome! 

Exposition aside, I liked this episode. Characters seemed believable. The Plot was nicely paced.

AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT MY FAVORITE REBEKAH!!!!!! Yay 

Rebekah in the black dress and her hair and make-up...was she gorgeous or what?!

Marcel and Rebekah Sword fight  can we have Eminem and Rihanna's "love the way you lie" song play each time they are on screen together?

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
But that's alright because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie"

LMAO 

Oh Marcel, Twisted Evil  sentencing good vampire folk to 100 years in the garden. Excited 

^^^^^ WAS EVERYTHING TO ME

He is so much like Klaus and I love it.

Hayley Smack try latin, haha. To her credit, I don't think she has been around witches or has been exposed to spells before that incident. Shrug 

Klaus and Cami.....BooHoo  but JoMo and LeahP were fantastic Bow 

KLAUS is so sick and twisted. I just love him.
Back to top Go down
kesili
Giving Everyone some Lovin'


Posts: 2819
Location: Going to Hell in a Handbasket

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:57 am

Thanks for the thread setup!

LOVE LOVE LOVED how the focus is really about family, and how romantic relationships are merely seen as tragic pawns and tools in the larger picture.

I think this is why I loved TO so much...there is definitely an inundation of supernatural dramas in popular culture now, but everything else has romance as the primary focus and driving force. I mean, that forbidden romance between Thierry and Katie would have been the main plot in every other supernatural teen show but instead they're just a means to an end here.

Another thing that made me a squee-happy....Anyone else notice the violin in Elijah's keepsake box? HE PLAYS VIOLIN? And there was Rebekah poking at the grand piano dejectedly near the end.

If all of them had centuries to practice musically, the Originals Family would have made a formidable chamber orchestra =P

I wonder...since Klaus' talent is artistry, Elijah's is writing/literature, maybe Rebekah's thing is that she is musically inclined?

Re: hayley: hasnt she been around witches plenty, when she was kidnapped by them? She was even a participant at Jane Anne's funeral


Last edited by kesili on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eve2011
Slaying Vampires With Mikael


Posts: 567
Location: Dallas / Fort Worth - Texas, USA
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:18 am

kesili wrote:
Thanks for the thread setup!

LOVE LOVE LOVED how the focus is really about family, and how romantic relationships are merely seen as tragic pawns and tools in the larger picture.

I think this is why I loved TO so much...there is definitely an inundation of supernatural dramas in popular culture now, but everything else has romance as the primary focus and driving force.

Another thing that made me a squee-happy....Anyone else notice the violin in Elijah's keepsake box? HE PLAYS VIOLIN? And there was Rebekah poking at the grand piano dejectedly near the end.

If all of them had centuries to practice musically, the Originals Family would have made a formidable chamber orchestra =P

I wonder...since Klaus' talent is artistry, Elijah's is writing/literature, maybe Rebekah's thing is that she is musically inclined?

Re: hayley: hasnt she been around witches plenty, when she was kidnapped by them? She was even a participant at Jane Anne's funeral
You are right. I think my mind was trying to justify.

AND YES!!!!!!! Our Originals love music!!!! If I could jump up and down, I would. Yes, yes, and YES!!!!

 

The details in these eps are killing me.  

Klaus and Rebekah showing up at the party. They were dressed to kill.

        
Back to top Go down
kesili
Giving Everyone some Lovin'


Posts: 2819
Location: Going to Hell in a Handbasket

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:20 am

Haha dressed to kill. Literally!

And cami's "Is this the on-again-off-again you were talking about?" "He's the brother, actually"....the writers have been going on Tumblr, i see.
Back to top Go down
Epic
Drinking with Klaus


Posts: 175
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:38 am

I am also raving about this episode- Excited Excited Excited 
They are king queen king  ( first emoticon for Elijah!!!!   Smile 

If this episode is the innuendo of what's to come....I want more and more and more...

My bleeding heart seeing Elijah still there in the coffin, and Divina is not giving it over to K & R

The Originals may have a lot of blood on them, but you cannot say that they are not cultured Smile Cool Rolling Eyes 

You have to give it to Klaus- he knows manipulation very well!!!!! That devilish charm of his!!!


Yes, the romance needn't be the number one thing, but there is a lot going on behind the main family thing that will cause quite a stir- Marcel and Rebekah.... Cam and klaus....
and if only by a strange magical wonder Elena would defect M. Falls and .... ah, dreaming again... LOL...
Back to top Go down
kesili
Giving Everyone some Lovin'


Posts: 2819
Location: Going to Hell in a Handbasket

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am

http://jedi-of-urth.livejournal.com/251803.html#cutid1

So much Elijah in this review....and lol because this was actually Klaus' episode. Ok, so there's some Klaus there too.
Back to top Go down
Epic
Drinking with Klaus


Posts: 175
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:08 pm

kesili wrote:
http://jedi-of-urth.livejournal.com/251803.html#cutid1

So much Elijah in this review....and lol because this was actually Klaus' episode. Ok, so there's some Klaus there too.
yes, and this excerpt:
Also, further proof that Elena/Elijah are the perfect OTP, now we can add Elena/Elijah/diaries to the ways I like them (along with doors, windows, negotiations, betrayal, trust exercises, and one day getting more than subtext proof of how perfect they are). Yes I’m upset that this was basically all the Elijah we got this episode, but at least it was something that was relevant to my long term interests.

Wink 

Back to top Go down
Eve2011
Slaying Vampires With Mikael


Posts: 567
Location: Dallas / Fort Worth - Texas, USA
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:14 pm

I think this series is about Elijah.

Klaus is evil. He is possessive. He is beyond redemption. His response to a possible daughter wasn't out of love but a calculation of how he can use a daughter for his gain. Klaus knows who he is and he has accepted his flaws. He knew Rebekah would be upset but he used her anyway. Klaus is all about his ego and his possessions.

We know Klaus. Klaus isn't going to change.

Elijah, however, is beyond delusional about his own true nature and his family. He is living on a cloud of rainbows and riding unicorns.

Elijah has more of a fallen/redemption storyline than Klaus.

Just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Epic
Drinking with Klaus


Posts: 175
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Eve2011 wrote:
I think this series is about Elijah.

Klaus is evil. He is possessive. He is beyond redemption. His response to a possible daughter wasn't out of love but a calculation of how he can use a daughter for his gain. Klaus knows who he is and he has accepted his flaws. He knew Rebekah would be upset but he used her anyway. Klaus is all about his ego and his possessions.

We know Klaus. Klaus isn't going to change.

Elijah, however, is beyond delusional about his own true nature and his family. He is living on a cloud of rainbows and riding unicorns.

Elijah has more of a fallen/redemption storyline than Klaus.

Just my opinion
I like your opinion.
And now when Elijah gets undaggered again, I really hope he realises that Klaus doesn't want to be redemeed- he always wants things his way- now- LOL they can go for a thousand years like that.... I think, at least, they should change the dynamic between the brothers... this journey has just begun....

I think that Elijah is very much aware of who his family are and he so desperately wants to get things as they once were...I remember something from the Great Gatsby (the book!)- " You can't repeat the past!" - and Elijah should take note of that! Rolling Eyes  Wink 
Back to top Go down
kesili
Giving Everyone some Lovin'


Posts: 2819
Location: Going to Hell in a Handbasket

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:28 pm

I remember reading something really interesting both from JP (via the EW magazine) and DG....the overall arc for TO is going to be Klaus' redemption and Elijah's unravelling and downfall. Im so excited to see the latter, especially if it is in the pursuit of his brother's redemption and as a result of his unrealistic idealism and rigid morality. Daniel has said that we'll see darker parts of Elijah soon.

What of Rebekah, then? I hope she'll be Elijah's redemption. Although she can be superficially cruel if she needs to be, she's never lost that purity and vulnerability. If not Elena, I'd like her to be the one to guide Elijah back to himself.
Back to top Go down
ahome2
In Transition


Posts: 49
Location: Arcadia
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 pm

The Originals just gets better and better I can't wait for next week. Things that I love :heart:about this episode Klaus smile Embarassed he looked so proud. Jaja! a baby girl, looking at how he acts with Rebekah, we just can imagine how he is going to act with his little girl.

Another thing, the relationship between Marcel and Cami has some sort of Klaus and Caroline feel. I mean Marcel and Klaus are way similar, their childhood, their adulthood, their desires, temperament and love life. I am looking forward to see how Klaus is going to deal with him. I don't think he is going to kill him since he is "family".

Eve2011 that is a good argument, though just as kesili I read a magazine with the same info. I think TO is going to unravel and target the human side of the original family. Those that had watch TVD already know the malicious side of the TOF but we had yet to uncover the human and softer, so to say, side of Klaus. Anyhow,  great episode.

Did you know that I sing up in this forum because I wanted to meet fellows TO fans!
Back to top Go down
Epic
Drinking with Klaus


Posts: 175
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 am

ahome2 wrote:
Anyhow,  great episode.

Did you know that I sing up in this forum because I wanted to meet fellows TO fans!
Welcome! 

it feels like this here Group Hug


and yes, Marcel learned all he knows from Klaus, but he still seems a very mild version of Klaus- Smile
I know it's an understatement- maybe Elijah is actually worse than Klaus- I'd like to see his darkest moment
Rolling Eyes Wink 
Back to top Go down
Epic
Drinking with Klaus


Posts: 175
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 am

kesili wrote:
Im so excited to see the latter, especially if it is in the pursuit of his brother's redemption and as a result of his unrealistic idealism and rigid morality. Daniel has said that we'll see darker parts of Elijah soon.What of Rebekah, then? I hope she'll be Elijah's redemption. Although she can be superficially cruel if she needs to be, she's never lost that purity and vulnerability. If not Elena, I'd like her to be the one to guide Elijah back to himself.
Oh, I would also like to see Elena bringing Elijah back to himself.....
promo for next week show Elijah undaggered or have I just seen things that are not there? LOL
Back to top Go down
ahome2
In Transition


Posts: 49
Location: Arcadia
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 pm

[quote="Epic"]
ahome2 wrote:

and yes, Marcel learned all he knows from Klaus, but he still seems a very mild version of Klaus- Smile
I know it's an understatement- maybe Elijah is actually worse than Klaus- I'd like to see his darkest moment
Rolling Eyes Wink 
Evil Elijah would be Epic to see. There is something about seeing good guys fall into darkness and bad guys turning good.
Back to top Go down
 

The Originals episode 3 (S01E03)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Originals Forum ::  :: -